The power of sport—to captivate the heart, inspire the imagination, and even shape nations—means we must think carefully and wisely as Christian competitors, coaches, parents, and passionate fans.
Author, pastor, long-time athlete and sports lover Stephen Liggins takes the coaching reins and trains you to glorify God in your sport. He unpacks what the Bible has to say and gathers a wealth of practical advice and candid testimonies from believing athletes on how to live the good sporting life.
- Playing by the book—What the Bible says about sport
- Past and present—The history of Christianity and sport
- The Christian sportsperson—Living with and for God on and off the field
- The joy of sport—Sport’s intrinsic value
- Sportsmanship in an unsporting world—Sport and good character
- The sports field as mission field—Sport and outreach
- Sport and support—Sport and spiritual encouragement
- But there’s more… The potential benefits of good health and travel
- The sport cycle—Starting out, getting serious, finishing up… and beyond
- A word for… parents, coaches, referees, chaplains, ministers and spectators
- A word about… sport on Sundays, praying for victory, how much sport, and sports ministry